About Me

My photo
More like, "About Us". We were married in 2000, after only 6 months of dating/engagement and knew early on, due to inherited fertility issues that adoption was our avenue to expanding our little family. We are currently waiting and now working towards finding our first child. We are excited to become a mom and dad. We consider ourselves the lucky ones in this adventure toward adoption.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

In the Beginning....how we met

Ok...this is my first time to blog........ever. So bear with me. Let me tell you about us a bit. Cathi was born in Idaho Falls, Idaho, and I was born in Ogden, Utah. Cathi and her family have moved from Idaho to Illinois to California, settling in Sacramento. They have lived in Sacramento for more than 20 years. I hardly moved. My family has lived in Layton for 20 years. We both graduated from High School and believe it or not we both had Lancers for our mascots. We both took a little bit of community college after High school. Cathi got into American Sign Language and I took some English and Math.

We both served missions. Cathi served in Pennsylvania Harrisburg Mission from Sept. 1996 to Feb. 1998. I served my mission in Michigan Lansing Mission from Feb. 1997 to Feb. 1999. As Cathi came home from her mission, she went back to work and school. She also traveled that first summer back, visiting her mission with her favorite mission companion, traveling through Oregon, Idaho and Utah. She dabbled in photography and took some pictures of temples, Utah canyons and Oregon fields backed by the mountains. She fell in love of the scenery in Utah and felt prompted to move there. She prayed about it and got her answer. Only two jobs were applied to and she was hired. She moved up to Utah in Aug 1999. I came home from my mission the following Feb and just started working through out the year.

Cathi and I met within six months after Cathi had moved out. We met at a Church Valentine's dance through a mutual friend. Cathi had worked most every evening and this dance happened to be on her first Fri night off in the 6 months she'd been in Utah. She decided she was going to the dance and had decided to talked her friends into go to this dance, too. I was on a date of my own. Just let me tell ya....the date wasn't good at all. As soon as we got to the dance....my date went straight over to her friends, leaving me at the doorway, basically. The dance had already started and I stood there for a good 5 minutes. I went to join my date and tried to fit in to the conversation but was a little bit left out, so I asked if she would mind if I wend and hung out with MY friends. She agreed. I looked around and saw one of the friends I went to school with (the mutual friend) and she introduced Cathi to me. I stayed throughout the majority of the evening and hung out with Cathi. I did many dorky dance moves to impress her. She totally laughed at my moves. My date later wanted to dance and got jealous. I danced with her for a couple of songs, then learned that she wanted to go home. As I was going to leave, Cathi told me that there was a group of friends who were going to her apartment to have ice cream...so i told her I would take my date home and then I will meet them later. So I took my date home and went to her apartment. After talking for a few hours, we decided to go home. As everyone, besides Cathi, was going to their cars, Carrie, our mutual friend, told me to go back and get Cathi's phone number. So I did. As I ran back to her apartment, she was still in her doorway saying goodnight. She asked if I had forgotten something. I told her I did. I forgot her phone number. She smiled and said, "Fair is fair, if you get mine, then I get yours." She asked me to call her when I got home so she would know I got there safely. I promised and I did called.

Two weeks later, Cathi called me and asked if I wanted to help paint the interior of the house she and Carrie were going to move into. I said sure. I was actually about to call her but she beat me to the punch so we had our first date by painting a house and watched movie that night.

On April 10th, within a month after our first date, I proposed and she said yes. In August we were Married. and now we are living "happily ever after." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment