About Me

My photo
More like, "About Us". We were married in 2000, after only 6 months of dating/engagement and knew early on, due to inherited fertility issues that adoption was our avenue to expanding our little family. We are currently waiting and now working towards finding our first child. We are excited to become a mom and dad. We consider ourselves the lucky ones in this adventure toward adoption.

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Dream Becomes Reality

We have known from the time we were dating/engaged that adoption would be our future way of expanding our family. When my mom decided to share her inheritance with us kids, the dream...the future....became the reality....the now. It started as a normal evening at my parents' house, on a weekend. Jake had run home to get something, when mom came into her living room, handed my brother a small rectangle of paper, told him it was for his moving fund. She came over to me, handed me a similar rectangle of paper and told me this was for our Baby Fund. Our parents have always been incredibly supportive of the idea of adoption, but this was more then I had even hoped for. Who would imagine this small, seemingly insignificant piece of paper would forever change our lives? I saw the number and immediately erupted into tears. Long hugs were exchanged and many thanks were given.

When Jake came back to my parents house, I took him aside, into mom's office and told him I had to ask for a favor. he could tell I had been crying and was rapidly becoming concerned. I held up the paper, writing side toward him and asked him to please deposit this gift into our Baby Account. He looked at it briefly and said, "OK."

I asked him if he looked at the amount, he looked a bit closer and tears came to his eyes. Our eyes locked, tears were shed, hugs and kisses given.....and those wonderful words said, "You're going to be a daddy." Our dream had become reality in a major way.

Thank you mom and dad.
~Cathi

No comments:

Post a Comment